Missouri, Illinois and Kansas Collaborative Divorce Attorneys That Can Assist in St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield and Beyond
In many divorce and family law cases, clients wish to settle a divorce or family law case outside of court. It is often times more private to reach an agreement with the other party by not going to court with your divorce. The difficult for many who seek an uncontested divorce is that they do not have an agreement on all the issues in order to complete a non-contested divorce.
This is where our collaborative professionals can help. Our trained collaborative law attorneys will do our best to help you to reach an agreement with your spouse (or the opposing party without) the stress of fighting a court battle, if that is possible.
St. Louis Collaborative Divorce Lawyers Who Can Help Resolve Your Case Amicably — WITH LOCATIONS ALSO IN KANSAS CITY, COLUMBIA, SPRINGFIELD AND BEYOND
In collaborative divorce and family law, both parties hire a collaborative attorney and meet outside of court to settle the terms of the divorce. Using the attorneys and other professionals (divorce coaches, financial neutrals, psychologists), spouse sit down and talk through matters. This allows the parties to reach an amicable agreement without a judge, who they don’t know, deciding what the terms of the divorce will be.
When spouses have children, a collaborative divorce can help to keep the divorce civil in order to help with the transition to post divorce life. Collaborative Divorce requires spouses to talk through difficult issues. This gives the parties more control of the critical issues like child custody, child support, and property division. This also allows the parties to make decisions for themselves instead of waiting for a judge. If the parties do end up deciding to go to court, they must hire different attorneys. Both parties must hire new trial attorneys before the case can go to trial.
If you need a collaborative divorce or family attorney, Stange Law Firm, PC has five trained collaborative family lawyers who focus exclusively on divorce and family law. Founding Partners Kirk and Paola Stange, Partners John D. Kershman and Jillian Wood, as well as Senior Associate Attorney Kelly Davidzuk, are here to guide you every step of the way in a collaborative divorce or family law matter.
You can also listen to a podcast on this topic titled: Collaborative Divorce Versus Mediation.
Contact our Collaborative Family Law Professionals Today In Missouri, Illinois AND KANSAS
If you are considering a collaborative divorce, contact us today. You can also learn more about our locations below:
- Saint Louis County (Clayton), MO Office: 314-963-4700
- West County (Ellisville), MO: 636-200-6400
- Jefferson County (Arnold), MO Office: 636-296-3060
- St. Charles, MO Office: 636-940-5900
- Franklin County (Union), MO Office: 636-388-0700
- Lincoln County (Troy), MO Office: 636-487-0088
- Boone County (Columbia), MO Office: 573-303-0595
- Jackson County (Lee’s Summit), MO Office: 816-875-4505
- Jackson County (Kansas City) Office (by appt. only): 816-299-4530
- Saint Louis City, MO Office (by appt. only): 314-499-8340
- St. Clair County (Belleville), IL Office: 618-310-3711
- Madison County (Edwardsville), IL Office: 618-307-7100
- Monroe County (Waterloo), IL (by appt. only): 618-208-0587
- Sangamon County (Springfield), IL: 217-717-8605
- Johnson County (Overland Park), KS: 913-221-0332